The following are links to various SP&S information on the web, both on and off the SP&SHS site. If there are any broken links, please, contact the webmaster.
- Diesel Roster & Dispositions: Temp Unavailable (5/27/03)Troyce Brooks’ effort to create a lineage of SP&S diesel power (Rails Northwest).
- Paint SchemesA basic resourse for equipment schemes. Use with caution since paint colors are one of the biggest sources of continuing discusions.
- Survivors An attempt to list all the surviving SP&S equipment. A work in progress.
- Roster: Diesel
- Roster: Steam
- Model News Information about currently avaialble models. Updated as I recieve information. Plans are in the works to put together a page for all models done but still just a plan.
- N Scale SP&S models – in MS-Excel, compiled by Carl Grimmer and John Moore, you can also use free openoffice at www.openoffice.org to display these.
- Index to “The Northwest’s Own Railway” articles. By Allen Rueter
- In Print Books and Artilces about the SP&S Railway that have been printed. Feel free to submit items I don’t have listed.
- Reference Sheet 227 1955-1959 Empire Builder
- SP&S Special Instrucation 16 June 1, 1967. Rob Jacox was kind enough to put this together.
- System Map
- Timetable SP&S Timetable 93, June 1 1944
oregon electric / united rys.
- Oregon Electric/United Railway Roster A basic roster of OE/URy Interurban Equipment and Freight Motors.
- Oregon Electric Railway History of the Oregon Electric courtesy of the Salem Public Library.
- Oregon Electric Railway Historical Society: (Mark Kavanagh).
- Oregon Electric Railway Museum
- Wilammette Shore Trolley
- Oregon Electric Railway Historical Society page: One of the SP&S owned railroads which ran up and down the Willamette Valley.
- Classic BN on the Oregon ElectricPhoto gallery of BN’s Oregon Electric line in the Willamette Valley (Ted Curphey).
- Port of Portland vs. US, 408 US 811 (1972): 1971 Supreme Court case over the ICC’s decision that the adverse effects on SP&S and UP of the proposed four-railroad ownership of Peninsula and accompanying trackage rights would outweigh the advantages to SP, Milwaukee, and the Rivergate industries.
- Glen Mulkey vs. SP&S Railway Washington Supreme Court, Oct 29, 1964. Concuring and dissenting opinions concerning a vehicle vs train accident at Lyle.
- Walter Hewitt vs. SP&S Railway Washington Supreme Court, May 20, 1965. Concuring and dissenting opinions concerning a vehicle vs train accident at a private crossing in which the driver of the car was killed.
- ICC accident Reports 1911-1966 This will take you to the search page. Enter “Spokane Portland and Seattle” or “Oregon Trunk” in the field for Railroad. There are 19 reports for the SP&S and 1 for the Oregon Trunk. And 1 for the Spokane and Inland Empire. Did not find any for the Oregon Electric.
- Agreement SP&S Road Agreement
- Miscellaneous SP&S AFEs
- Art Putnam’s SP&S page: This site has steam and diesel rosters, a list of paint schemes, photos, and items for trade.
- Charlie’s Spokane Portland & Seattle 700 page: Photos from “Taste of Beaverton” in July 1999 (Charlie Comstock).
- SP&S Museum: Photos from Troyce Brooks’ visit to the SP&S Museum in Vancouver, WA.
- SP&S 700: Website for the SP&S 700 and the Pacific Railroad Preservation Association.
- SP&S Modeling Notes: Reference chart for modeling SP&S motive power and freight/passenger equipment, showing manufacturer name for each equipment type (Allen Rueter).
- SP&S Web Museum: Online museum dedicated to preserve the memory and heritage of the SP&S RY. (Robert R. Brown).
- SP&S 700: Information on the SP&S 700 (James Spears).
- Fallen Flag and Shortline Railroad Photos: Photos of SP&S locomotives and freight equipment (George Elwood).
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe: Corporate page.
- Northern Pacific Compendium: A multi-authored site covering the Northern Pacific.
- Great Northern Railway: Original owner of the OGRE (Orange Green Railway Engine) paint scheme (Lindsay Korst).
- ALCos of the Pilbara Historical Society: Photos of ex-SP&S S2 #21, now located in Australia.
- AlcoHauler homepage: Alco diesels and other rail-related materials.
- SP&S 276 Project
- The Columbia Gorge Interpretive Center has a SP&S Caboose plus a F9 that will be painted in SP&S colors. Exhibits
- Columbia County Logging History on several logging lines that were served by the SP&S.